HomeAbout MeEtsyDollsMy Art

Friday, April 1, 2022

Verity, An Early 1800s Cloth Doll, 14 inches tall -My Design For my pattern shop.





 


About Verity

 

Verity is a reproduction of a classic cloth doll from the early 1800s. I found a photograph of the actual doll in a book of old dolls, explaining that this doll originated in Philadelphia. I decided to call my version of her Verity. While she can be considered a primitive doll, the original Verity had a silk scarf as her head covering, making her seem somewhat fancy. 

 

Verity is 14 inches tall and wears pantalets, a petticoat, skirt with waistband, a top, and has painted-on shoes, in addition to her scarf and a rosette. Her two-piece legs enable her to sit nicely. I’ve provided patterns for her body, arms, legs, and her top. Her pantalets, petticoat, and skirt are easy to sew, with instructions instead of patterns. There also are detailed instructions for embroidering her face.



No comments:

Post a Comment