HomeAbout MeEtsyDollsMy Art

Friday, April 1, 2022

Prudence Jane Plum, A 9-inch Primitive Cloth Doll in Peg Wooden Style - For my pattern shop, Moss Hill Primitives - Both Digital or Printed






In the world’s long history of dolls, among the most popular have been the “peg woodens” originating in Europe as far back as the 1600s and becoming the favorites of children on both sides of the Atlantic in the 1800s. These dolls were carved from wood and had pegged joints in their arms, legs, hips, and shoulders. They most often were sold without clothes so their new owners could create their wardrobe from whatever materials were at hand.

 

I carved my own peg wooden many years ago because I adore this style of doll. And as also a lover of cloth dolls, I decided to design a sweet little cloth doll with features resembling a peg wooden. 

 

And that’s how Prudence Jane Plum came into being.




No comments:

Post a Comment