HomeAbout MeEtsyDollsMy Art

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gay Groff Gillespie, My Dear Old Friend, Has Passed



This morning, Gay passed away into that dimension we are all destined to one day. My heart is heavy, for she was a very dear friend in grade school, and we continued to be friends throughout our lives.

Pictured above is Gay at one of our annual Christmas luncheons with many of our mutual chums. Pictured below is sweet, Gay at my house one recent Christmas.

I'm sorry I have no pictures of her when she was a gorgeous model for both Jantzen and White Stag. Of course, she remained gorgeous for the duration. She was a mere 63.

My heart goes out to her dear husband, their two sons and of course the rest of their extended families.

Here's to you, dear one, cheers!

Love,

"Chris"



8 comments:

  1. Oh Christine, I am sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you and your friend tonight in my prayers, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for all of her family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your dear friend. I know you will miss her greatly, but she will always be with you in your heart. Hugs and prayers,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Christine;
    I am so sorry to hear this news about your dear friend. I send the wish that you will have a calm and peaceful heart through this hard time. Beautiful memories of Gay will sustain you! Prays are sent your way.
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, My heartfelt sympathies to you and Gay's family. Thoughts and prayers are with you!! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Christine,Our friends from our childhood are the hardest to lose they knew us like no one can. Their our history. I am so sorry for your loss and her families loss.Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zwee dear ~
    63...too soon...too much yet to be
    experienced. Larkrise is so right;
    our early and lasting Friends can
    finish our sentences, remind us of
    incidents and help us to remember
    dates and times we lived through
    but cannot recall on the spur of
    the moment....they are our history.
    Beautiful Gay will be waiting and
    what a reunion that will be...
    Prayers with you and her Family.
    Blessings ~
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zwee dear ~
    63...too soon...too much yet to be
    experienced. Larkrise is so right;
    our early and lasting Friends can
    finish our sentences, remind us of
    incidents and help us to remember
    dates and times we lived through
    but cannot recall on the spur of
    the moment....they are our history.
    Beautiful Gay will be waiting and
    what a reunion that will be...
    Prayers with you and her Family.
    Blessings ~
    Mary

    ReplyDelete