HomeAbout MeEtsyDollsMy Art

Monday, September 14, 2015

Little Black Chair and The Oregonian Plate of 1907


I have to say that I love this wee black chair. I found it at a local Chocolatier called Enchante from Milwaukie, Oregon. The antique doll leaning against the pretty plate does look as though she would be able to sit in it, but she truly does prefer leaning on the lovely, old plate, which, by the way, is a repaired one of many pieces.

The plate is a calendar advertisement, 1907, for the local newspaper, The Oregonian. Gregory was a journalist in several newspapers first in Michigan, and then in Vermont, and was hired by The Oregonian when we first moved to Oregon, my childhood place, but he never started work for them, because he got a better offer in the high tech business world as a writer of their communications needs. I am very proud of all of his writing.

Naturally I grabbed this wonderful newspaper plate while at an estate sale! It reflects my true love, Gregory the writer/journalist as well as my true home, beautiful Portland, Oregon.




3 comments:

  1. The repairs to the sweet antique dish, somehow make it all the more precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and Happy Anniversary to your guys! Love the plate and the doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plate is touching. It keeps a lot of stories for sure.

    ReplyDelete