HomeAbout MeEtsyDollsMy Art

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Purple Pear ~ Portland, Oregon ~ Annie Sloan Paints ~ Jeanne d'Arc Living Magazine

Oh but I love to paint. And painting furniture, for me, has never been more fun, since I discovered the incredible Annie Sloan chalk paints through The Purple Pear in Portland. 

Phyllis deVries has her shop filled with all that Annie Sloan offers including the special waxes one uses with her paints, and special brushes and lovely books and of course, Phyllis teaches how to use these paints to their best advantage.

But that's not all. Phyllis also offers the incredible Jeanne d'Arc Living magazines that seem only to be bought through dealers. In other words, this beautiful magazine that is published in Denmark in many languages, may not be something you can subscribe to. You must procure it from the dealers. Phyllis has these beautiful inspirational wonderful magazines for us! Meanwhile, an old acquaintance recently informed me that one may subscribe to it, because she does and has for years. I am looking into this and will keep you posted in a later blog post.

Also throughout the shop are stencils for sale and lovely home decor specialties from artists like Wendy Addison, and beautiful cards by Wendy Paula Patterson as well as charming things from France. Her coffee table book selection is enchanting as well.

Below are some shots I took at the shop just the other day. Scroll through my pictures and see!















2 comments:

  1. A beautiful shop indeed. It always makes me feel good just going in places like that....very inspirational. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a wonderful shop! I'll have to visit it soon.

    ReplyDelete