Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Happy Halloween Season From My House To Yours!



Above Picture

This big old scrap book is my Halloween diary. I have been recording for many years pictures of Halloween celebrations, trick-or-treaters as well as a tally of how many trick or treaters we've had each year. Our greatest take was always in our old house in West Linn, Oregon's historic district, Willamette. We usually got a little over a hundred trick or treaters. In this big house where we now dwell, we seldom get any, and this year was as a bumper in that we got all of 16. But I still buy BIG Costco sized packs of the standard, American chocolate candies as in M&M's, Snickers, Milky Way, Twix, Kit Kat and so on. I gave it out in handfuls so that we wouldn't have a lot left over in which to temp us.

We always doodle in the book, pictures of cats, witches, pumpkins, skeletons and so on.














6 comments:

Terri said...

You are soooo ready for Halloween! I love your porch, it looks fabulous for the season! Your indoor decor as well looks perfect.
Hugs,
Terri

Mary said...

They look wonderful! I think my favorite is the doll in picture 3, holding the sticks. There's just something about her that speaks to me.

An Historical Lady said...

So lovely and welcoming...not too scary!!!
Photo of the porch is beautiful!
Mary
http://anhistoricallady.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! I missed it the other day.
Your house is lovely and inviting with all of the lovelies of fall and Halloween.
I hope you are keeping well...I think of you often.

Take care...
Hugs, Nancy

Lady Linda said...

Oh Christine, I feel like I just had a lovely visit with you at your home. So fun and I love it all.
Happy Halloween.
Linda

The French Bear said...

Beautiful!!! I love the little pinkeep and those fantastic pumpkins!!!!
Hugs,
Mags
xxx