HomeAbout MeEtsyDollsMy Art

Saturday, February 6, 2010

My New Floor Cloth


Last night Gregory and I were privileged to have been invited to a showing of the beautiful, floor-cloths by Gracewood Design at the exquisite Architectural Heritage Center of Portland. And look what I came home with! Oh I love this beautiful design from the Edward Durant house of Newton Center, MA which was built in the year 1780. The exhibit will continue through February 28th, and it is opened Wed. through Sat. from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm.

We in the Portland area are honored to have Gracewood Designs right here with us, always, for Kenneth and Gwenith moved here from the Bay area, a few years ago, and are here to stay. They originated in New England where Ken's famous mother, Polly Forcier, of MB Historic Decor still lives in beautiful Quechee, Vermont.

Their work is the finest I've seen in floor cloths, for I have seen many and have even made several myself. Pictured in the above photo is my reproduction Voit doll, Abigail, who resides in this our guest bedroom, and atop the old trunk (which is filled with fabrics) is Abigail Adams, a lovely doll made by the incredible historical doll maker, Nina Mason. Hence this room is indeed the Abigail room, and is all the more wonderful for me with my beautiful, historic floor cloth.

To read more about floor cloths, please visit the following link and enjoy a wonderful story written by my husband, Gregory LeFever. ~ Floor Cloths

1 comment:

  1. Comments were disabled for a while, so this one also received no comments.

    ReplyDelete